BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

What's understood doesn't have to be explained

I'm just me and some times that's one of two things: not enough for people or too much for people. I'm working on finding an awesome balance between those two because balance is key!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Two Saturdays: Playing catch up

1 Corinthians 9:24, Philippians 3:14, and Timothy 1:5

Earlier this week I received rejection letters from the two other schools that I applied to. I was a little down but quickly I recovered because there is somewhere else that I am supposed to be, and that place is Las Vegas. There are hundreds of people who are in the race for higher education and although I applied the only victory worth having is the victory of UNLV. Those that share the same passion and dedication that I share for UNLV were the people who were sent acceptance letters from those two schools. So this coming week, as I await my fate (I don't like destiny) to receive my letter from UNLV I will continue to run in the race. With my best form and a moderate pace to come out on top a winner.

As I run my race to improve my relationship with God and dwell in my spirituality I try to remain grounded and intertwine who I was before my Saturdays became my time to read and reflect and who I am as I read the bible and spread my wings to fly in spirituality. This race and the race above are races that I am never running alone, which I am slowly beginning to accept. A very difficult task for me but I am certain that He is present and so is the support of those closest to me.

"Love is like the wind. You can see it but you can feel it" -Unknown

0 comments: