BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

What's understood doesn't have to be explained

I'm just me and some times that's one of two things: not enough for people or too much for people. I'm working on finding an awesome balance between those two because balance is key!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Selfish Fun

I have my eye on you, but on him and her too.
I don't wanna feel like JoJo, "Too Little Too Late"
But I can't jeopardize my youth over my fear that I'll lose something magical with you.
Gotta live my life selfishly:
Travel the world with my girls, have protected one-night stands on vaca's, buy someone drinks at the bar because they're hot, and have sleepovers with someone I like
Without the pressure of being made to feel not to do those things.

I never live with regret and moving too fast too soon I'd look around,
Be pushing 30, happy in this great relationship but wish that I lived my 20's more as a 20 something year old.
For once my heart belongs to me,
No sharing with another human being.
My decisions made are the true desires of me,
The girl with her own mind and falls asleep alone at night peacefully,
FINALLY, content with my current state.
Selfish fun is the way to be, until I'm ready for an "Us" and "We"

Selfishly pursuing a Ph.D.
Moving across the world, leaving behind family.
Uprooting regardless of how it effects my friends and those around me.
Kayana first, all others second, third and fourth.
Get in where you fit in...Cruel reality, I put time and effort into those who put the same in me.
But I do want what or who I want when I want it or them;
Don't get it twisted tho, I'm not the type to play games
Honesty above all other things.

In my selfish pursuit I will never be
The person that uses her, him or she, never that, don't want Karma after me
My time with you is valued, respected, and priority number one over others in that moment.
So listen up, open both ears, your one heart and mind,
Make the choice that's BEST for you,
Don't consider me.
What's meant to be will always come together and BE.

Date selfishly,
I respect it.
Admire it.
But most importantly I expect and prefer it.
Never live your life for anyone who doesn't fall asleep next to thee.

0 comments: