As I listen to the words I read, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" I reflect back on almost every prayer I say outside of meal time. They are captured right there in that one scripture. This epiphany comforts me because I truly know myself and the things that I struggle with. I may have never been honest with a living being about my issue with forgiveness but I was and always will be honest with my God.
I used to struggle with my relationship with God and how to categorize and define it. Then just like other aspects of my life I stopped trying to label it and let it be. I feel a sense of peace knowing that my relationship with God is just that, MINE. Not my friends, or family, or associates. It feels great to wake up knowing I'm blessed and having the relationship I have with the Lord. I carry my faith with me everywhere, without it I would be a wayward person. I understand that I play a part in my fate (I don't like the word destiny) but without him my work would be fruitless.
I have had so much peace in my mind and heart this past week, because of deciding to partake in forgiveness instead of endless negativity. I don't understand the actions of those around me all the time but I know that a woman without an amorous heart is a dull companion. An amorous heart is one that offers unconditional love freely, support, forgiveness, acceptance and trust. I'm not perfect but I am striving for close perfection. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the woman I am working to become.
What's understood doesn't have to be explained
I'm just me and some times that's one of two things: not enough for people or too much for people. I'm working on finding an awesome balance between those two because balance is key!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Forgiveness- Psalms 51: 10-12
Posted by K.I.M at 9:57 AM
Labels: SHOW UP, There is often irony in your moments or talks with God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment