I got into graduate school at my number one place, UNLV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm simply waiting on the official letter and notice from FASFA and financial aid saying that I have the money to pay for it. I am currently looking for an apartment although I do think that it's in my best interest to stay in an on campus apartment for the first year so that I can properly acclimate to the university. I really never wanted to rent or stay in an apartment but I know that there needs to be a transition period from dorm life for 5 years before I can purchase a home. So in order to prepare myself for where I want to be I am going to get my credit in order, gain some renters experience, build my savings, and become a smart consumer. I'm really excited about what the future holds for me. I'm focused and nothing or no one is going to throw me off my square.
I applied for a full-time teaching job for the summer. It should be a great experience and it pays well. I am also looking at other jobs to apply for as well. They have a Summer Conference Housing Team Member, which is something I have experience with from the first summer I stayed at CMU. I just called and left a message for the woman to return my call. SO hopefully I can get into that and I would have a place to stay for the summer and I could take these two classes and get a jump start. Depending on which job I get I will take these summer courses or at least one.
I have also decided to read my bible more, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. I am trying to slowly work this into being an everyday thing. I want it to work so that's why I started with one day and now I'm moving to 3 days then in a few more months 5 days and then finally 7 days a week. Balance is key and growing in my relationship with God is tremendously aiding in balancing my life.
Life is GRAND and there are only more positive things to come!
What's understood doesn't have to be explained
I'm just me and some times that's one of two things: not enough for people or too much for people. I'm working on finding an awesome balance between those two because balance is key!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Ms. Ph.D.
Posted by K.I.M at 6:53 AM
Labels: Viva Las Vegas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment