BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

What's understood doesn't have to be explained

I'm just me and some times that's one of two things: not enough for people or too much for people. I'm working on finding an awesome balance between those two because balance is key!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Let it go

I'm laying in bed and I'm listening to "Best of Me" by Jazmine Sullivan. It has got me thinking that I have always given the best of myself to friends, family, and partners but I don't always get that in return. Or maybe I do but their best ain't shit, which is sad. I am sick of giving and giving and getting nothing in return. I don't want presents or gifts or anything monetary but can you at least be a true friend or at the very least be the friend that I am to you! Can you do what you say you will do and do what you know is right to do. As much as I hate that saying, "you are the company you keep" it is the perception that people who don't know you have. And for once what other people think is taking precedence.

So this where it stops for me. It's been 5 years, you weren't a true friend then and you aren't a true friend now. Friends ain't really friends, they're just real cool people. That's what you've been to me for years, a real cool person. Now I'm finally gonna treat you as such. Consistency is key to relationships and you've consistently been self-centered, manipulative,non-reliable, and a liar. As you consistently misconstrue the type of relationship we have I am consistently creating more space for you to see that the there is no friendship in my eyes.

0 comments: