BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

What's understood doesn't have to be explained

I'm just me and some times that's one of two things: not enough for people or too much for people. I'm working on finding an awesome balance between those two because balance is key!

Friday, May 28, 2010

Philippians

I read the book of Philippians and I believe that although it is short and sweet it has a very direct and powerful message. That being that your relationship with God: how to get there, maintain it, and how to act within it. Chapter one speaks about the bond and the effects of such bond. Whether I continue life or die Christ is in me and I am in Christ. Christ doesn't disappear because my flesh is no longer on earth and nor are my conversation or thoughts about Christ removed. Confess with thy mouth and avoid doing things through strife or in vain, something chapter two speaks to. Nothing is separate from God and his will and he has a rhyme and reason for things I go through. Walk by faith and not by sight, something I first heard Monica say as she lead into a song off her latest album but it's what I gathered from chapter 3. Through the blood of Jesus we were all made perfect and sinless and through our lifetime we can walk closely the path of Christ or be led astray by the cancerous people and things in our lives, it's your choice to be an active participant in your faith. I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Give thanks, rejoice, and let my request be known and He will answer, all of chapter four.

0 comments: