Last Saturday I volunteered at the Mobile Food Pantry that the MA group raised $1600 to fund the 22,000lbs of food. Families lined up and took their number starting at 6am and weren't able to have their numbers called until 11am. Having experienced the wide range of emotions from families there getting food was a true eye opener into some of the things that I experience when I have to ask for help or lean on friends and family. Although there are not many times that my needs are as serious as feeding myself but they were needs I needed met at the time. It's amazing how simply taking a few hours of my day to give back to the community gave me something too.
God doesn't take me through anything I can't handle and just when I least expect it He shows up in a BIG fashion. I love it <3 and He loves me.
What's understood doesn't have to be explained
I'm just me and some times that's one of two things: not enough for people or too much for people. I'm working on finding an awesome balance between those two because balance is key!
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Giving Back
Posted by K.I.M at 7:16 PM
Labels: God is good
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment